Youth Excellence Seminar
Get ready for the 2018 Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar!
What is YES?
YES welcomes AQHYA members and nonmembers, ages 10 to 18, to experience this three-day, fun-packed event that offers valuable leadership skills, inspiring speakers and tons of fun. YES is also where AQHYA officer and director elections take place. To learn more about how to apply, read more in the Guide to Campaigning.
Read about the 2017-18 AQHYA Director and Officer Candidates in their biographies.
- Anyone can attend—current AQHYA members and nonmembers
- Youth attend interactive sessions designed to develop and teach leadership skills
- Each day features new speakers presenting topics related to the equine industry
- Five AQHYA officers will be elected—president, first vice president, second vice president, member and member
- Regional directors will be elected—AQHYA has 11 regions; each region elects three AQHYA members as directors
Wrangler ASPIRE Award
The Wrangler ASPIRE Award is a $1,000.00 award provided by Wrangler for an AQHYA member who excels in leadership and service. The award assists in developing and improving scholarship, leadership and community interest, and participation of young horsemen. The award will be presented at the Youth Excellence Seminar.
Download HERE! Wrangler ASPIRE Award
Contact the youth department at 806-376-4811.
Thank you to our sponsors!